Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvegasR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrippy View Post
Describe what's going on here or this post is useless. For the ambient temp of 70's that is a high temp motor temp. I see my M in this temp range when it is hot out and I'm NOT MOVING IN TRAFFIC. See how I describe my driving scenario there? Lack of airflow on a hot day will produce this temp reading. Now your turn.....
Whatever, Scrippy.

Thanks everyone else. This is sort of where it ends up, no matter how I drive it (ie sitting in traffic on a hot day, or in the case of a photo, driving on a 20-30 mile trip on the highway, not pushing it, just cruising in 5th gear on a cool-ish morning for Atlanta). Hot day, in traffic, reads here. Cold day, on highway, good airflow, not driving aggressively, reads here.

The car used to remain stable around 210, as did my now departed E93 M3.

Oil is right between high/low via IDrive. Hmm. I'll add and see.
Have you checked thermostat? How old are your fluids? Have you hit anything or ran over anything that hit the bottom of your car? Oil temp gauge in our cars is a combination of oil and coolant. Also low trans fluid could generate heat seen on the gauge. I would check fluid levels and change coolant if it's old. Also look for impacted oil cooler lines or impacted trans cooler lines. If any of the lines were hit by something on the road it's easy for them to bend a metal hose fitting and possible putting a fold on it which will decrease flow volume.