08-01-2018, 12:04 AM   #38
TTony
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Macan Turbo, IS350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Inc View Post
You gotta put on a tubi exhaust. I had a Dinan, E-Race, and Tubi. E-Race was mind blowing awesome but just too loud. Dinan too quiet. Tubi perfect. Its a very comfortable car, handles decent but not great. I just bought an R8, and went with a V8 because the M V10 sounded so much better than the R8 V10 I couldnt deal with it.
I had the regular Tubi on my E60 M5 and it was TOO QUIET. Maybe I needed the Tubi Rumore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Inc View Post
M6 reliability seemed to be worse than the M3. I LOVED the SMG. The manual doesnt match the V10 power delivery. It was pulled out of the 5 series. Nothing like the S6 setting smacking you in the back of the head when you floor it! The "pause" between shifts is so awesome.
V10 reliability is awful compared the E92 M3 (and mine is supercharged!). The pause between shifts is a PITA in rush hour traffic. DCT is so much better and makes the M3 so much more usable 90% of the time. SMG easily adds 2-3 seconds to 0-60 times when you are not at redline. Basically in the M5 you were either doing 0-60 in 4 seconds or 8 seconds. Nothing really in-between. It got old after a while. It was great on the highway above 55mph though.
Appreciate 0