09-10-2018, 08:51 PM   #21
DunkinDeezNuts
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 WRX STI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94jedi View Post
I think part of it is the location. I'm from the DC Metro area and the market there is very similar. The cars in those areas get driven, a lot. Think about the stop and go traffic, people commuting in these cars, daily driving, parking in tights spaces, parallel parking, etc. Do they find the time to maintain these cars like you should? Who knows, but my guess is most people don't. It's just the nature of the beast. I'm just speculating here but, in the tri-state area (and DC), garages are probably tough to come by, especially for the demographic that usually owns these cars in those areas (I would assume folks in the 20-35 range). This leads to cars wearing faster, getting dinged up more, etc. Also, weather plays a role. Snow, salt, and all the little "accidents" that come w/ driving in that sort of weather.

You've received some great advice here, the same advice given to me about a year ago. Wait for the right car, and when you find it, don't be afraid to pay a little more to secure yourself an enthusiast owned vehicle.
I'm inclined to agree. Definitely the age group, as I'd assume most are daily driving these cars and probably have to drive it in all weather. One thing I notice is the poor conditions of the interior though: peeling on the steering wheel, fading on the buttons, etc. Makes me wonder if the owners slapped canola oil on both of their hands and rubbed them together before driving everyday.

Retired: 2008 E92 335I
Current: 2015 Jeep Wrangler, 2016 Subaru WRX STI
Soon: E92 M3
Appreciate 1
94jedi830.00