Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordstat View Post
Unreal torque curve. Congrats.

Edit: Or lack there of...that thing is FLAT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3takesNYC View Post
Pretty incredible to see a torque curve actually increase up to redline! this is the way to go if you do FI as it keeps the feeling the closest to NA as possible with that completely linear power curve
Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC5 View Post
Did you have to update any internal engine components before installing the 625 kit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
Awesome buddy!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
Fucking awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriskm3 View Post
Great numbers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms372 View Post
Great numbers indeed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Good stuff Adam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIdriver View Post
Very nice!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenzm3edan View Post
Sweet, nice Dyno run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m33 View Post
solid ! My vt650 put down 590whp 410wtq on 93 pump
Quote:
Originally Posted by img View Post
Nice !
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3takesNYC View Post
I notice most of the other supercharged cars have a lowered redline and max power at a lower spot on the graph. Any complications with tuning for a 8600 rpm redline or why do tuners such as ESS for example lower the redline (or am I mistaken on that?)

Thx guys.

Yeah this was done on a stock motor at 900 miles. Currently has 6,000 on the clock. I think the standard ESS S/C tune keeps the stock 8,350 redline in tact. My older dyno runs seem to confirm this.

Even though the new tune didn't do much to increase power, being able to rev all the way to 8,600 RPM means the car is in it's sweet spot a bit longer and theoretically should be quicker at the roll-on events. I have two events coming up soon.

I wouldn't recommend it as it voids the ESS warranty, but is the first step in what is being contemplated as a different kind of engine build. Instead of going the VT3 low compression build route, I'm exploring options to keep a low boost set up but being able to rev beyond 9,000 RPM. That would be quite something.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0