View Single Post
      12-14-2018, 03:42 PM   #133
MaximusB
Major
Rep
Drives: 13 Frozen White E92

Like you, I initially didn't believe or know too much about this issue. Hence why I started this thread awhile back. I have extended warranty but you really have to read the fine prints. My extended warranty listed a bunch of internals that are covered from valves to valves spring, pistons, connecting rods, crank bearing...etc.. but it does not specifically list connecting rod bearings. So I knew if something were to happen I'll be in for a long fight with them. So you need to decide whether or not that is something you are prepare to do if your bearings fails. Keep in mind that no repair will be done until you and the extended warranty company comes to a resolution. You can only assume that it is in their best interest to drag it out. You have to understand that insurance/warranty companies are in the business to make money, helping you out is not at the top of their priority list. So they will find every possible way to pay out as little as possible to fix your car.

Having said that, I have changed my bearings and I went from "this issue is over blown" to "shit, I'm glad I changed mine" when I saw the condition of the bearings that came out.

If you even have to contemplate on whether you should get extended warranty or change the bearings, then you already believe there is a problem with the bearings that needs to be addressed.
Appreciate 2