10-20-2018, 09:55 AM   #43
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 / F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrippy View Post
So what signs lead up to this? Any signs of issue? How many miles? Have you ever changed the fluid? Do you use launche control a lot? Things and reasons.
Miles? Like I said in the first post, the only sign was that loud clunk and it jerked the car a bit when going from P to R. Sounded as if like two gears didn't mesh properly. No, didn't use since a long time. I did some highly spirited driving since changing out the fluid after changing out the dct pan gasket to make sure there were not any leaks.

ALSO, I remembered that I had the car up on the lift last week to check the drive shaft and guibo. I also confirmed that the DCT pan was dry, so no leaks there after replacing the gasket and driving hard on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter de la mare View Post
As already said, loss of fluid will cause the shifting issue, could possible get away with a new pan, gasket, and oil. DCT gearboxes are dirt cheap if not.
Right, but what I/we want to know is what caused it. I'm still waiting for what they say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
You have annual registration tax. It will be high for a few years on a new car. It takes a certain amount of money to runs government so there is a basket of taxes and you will pay one way or another. We don’t really have low taxes in NH when you consider the big picture.
lol I came from an area in NY where annual property taxes alone were $25K. I'll take NH taxes any day
Appreciate 0