02-10-2018, 08:33 PM   #15
94jedi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat128 View Post
haivng this dilemma myself. be very interested in findingout what you end up going with
I ended up buying both LOL.

So I bought my e90 M3 back in early December, after hounding my best friend to sell to me his Mystic e46 M3 for the past 5 years. He'd told me unequivocally that he was keeping it forever since he bought it brand new back in 2004. When I texted him the pic of my "new to me" 2008 M3, he apologized and said that the e46 was at the shop getting some maintenance done so he could sell it to me!!! Imagine my dilemma lol. Believe it or not, my wife told me to just go ahead and buy it. Use the e46 as the daily, and the e90, which is freaking MINT as the garage queen. So there they are as of January 5th, cohabitating, at least for now. I love them both to tell you the truth. The E90 feels so much more refined, modern and heavier of course, but also so much more powerful. It feels like a muscle car compared to the smaller, lighter more nimble e46. The E46 however is an absolute fucking blast to drive. You simply cannot drive it without smiling. the sound the engine makes is incredible. Rowing the gears is a pleasure. anything beyond 4k rpm and you're going to have a great time lol.

The e90 is simply a beast. It is to be highly respected. Too much fun in the e90 and you're going to jail. It's a rabid snarling beast (especially with all the mods) in sheeps clothing. Look at the pic below...the e90 looks so "ho hum" compared the the e46. The e46 clearly likes to party, while the e90 falls asleep by 9pm...but do not fuck with the e90 as it will put you on the wrong side of a 120mph very very quickly.

Jokes aside, maybe I have the daily driver wrong here. The e46 is a blast to drive around town, plus I keep the miles off my e90 (only 72k on the clock). Perhaps in another life, the e90 would be the daily as its much more comfortable, refined, grown up even. The E46 is probably the better track/weekend car. For now though, I'm enjoying both...dreading the day when my wife says "Pick one".
Attached Images

Last edited by 94jedi; 02-10-2018 at 08:48 PM..
Appreciate 0