View Single Post
      05-09-2013, 10:14 PM   #10
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Since everyone is throwing out typical destinations i'll remind you of a couple of more authentic destinations.

I'm slightly biased as i'm typing this from St. Croix USVI. Which is a pretty awesome island. This is my first time here, but it's just a gorgeous island with beaches, mountains, underwater national park, scuba, snorkeling, hiking, views, bioluminescence bay, etc... We've been here for 8 days and we weren't able to do everything we wanted to. The food is fantastic also! Air fair is cheap, which is good because the island isn't. Everything is expensive here. The locals are awesome too, they love their visitors. You're forced to slow down to island time.

We got married on St. Lucia which is more of a chill by the resort pool type of destination but they have some cool island tours as well. Very pretty island. Good sucba, snorkeling and sailing. MAJOR island time.

We went to Florianopolis Brazil last year at this time. This was very cool as well. Many good beaches, some of the best surf in south America. Great food, great people, another very beautiful island. Great hiking, white water rafting, etc... The travel costs are steep but the island costs are very reasonable. We rented a house on the lagoon that was for sale at $2.5mil for $1400 for 8 nights! The language barrier was a bitch though. We had a friend with us who speaks portuguese and he couldn't understand anything they were saying. Just a few words here and there. But the locals will play charades for as long as it takes. Bring dark sunglasses.... there is more fine ass than you can shake a stick at.

My wife is a triathlete so we tend to vacation around some destination races. This one was Ironman 70.3 St. Croix and it was Ironman Florianopolis 140.6. May end up in Austria next year and touring Europe.

Last edited by Mr Tonka; 05-10-2013 at 07:41 AM..
Appreciate 0