View Single Post
      09-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #8
FogCityM3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 (E90) & Porsche GT3 RS

Wow, sounds like a good Auto-X setup. It's such a blast doing these things sounds like you had a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kung Fu English View Post
Luckily, this particular auto-x was at a race track. It was at Grattan Raceway near grand rapids, MI. It was a glorified HPDE. Basically they raced us on half the track and put up some gates every so often and 1 slalom on one of the straights but it was mostly like racing on the regular track, which was awesome.

It was also only $25 vs the normal $200 for the HPDEs there like the one they had the day before, but we only got 4 runs due to time constraints so good with bad.

Overall it was a good first experience, half auto-x which I'm used to and half track day which I have no experience doing.

I used MDM for 2/4 runs, then no ESC for the other 2. I felt like I could probably push the car harder in the quick turns and slalom like sections with the MDM, but I felt like I had much more control with ESC off. When I hit the gas with MDM on, I didn't get the response I wanted from the engine due to the MDM and it just felt wierd. But my times were a bit slower, though this could have been due to me almost spinning out on the start with no ESC and all wheel spin lol.
Appreciate 0