12-16-2013, 04:00 PM   #20
jritt@essex
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, NSX, 997.2, 987.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjork_duf View Post
Nice looking kit. I'm a newcomer to HDPEs, and I have been shopping for a kit for quite some time. Yours hits the nail on the head for me.

So I see that these kits are not street legal or whatever, but it seems that all kits (Stoptech, Brembo, etc) are in the same boat. Is that true?
To my knowledge any aftermarket BBK on the market is being sold as 'for off-road use only." There isn't any sanctioning body or entity that dictates the legality or applicability of a BBK in the USA (unlike TUV in Germany, etc.).
Quote:
Also why not just offer a kit with 2 sets of pads? I know you say pads are a personal choice, but someone like me with no frame of reference needs a starting point. I think that could be helpful.
Because then we'd be forcing people to accept two sets of pads they may not want, rather than just one set. We're here and available to answer customer questions, just like I'm doing on this thread. We are also available via phone 5 days a week from 8-5pm. Our team has a lot of experience, and we can make a tailored recommendation based on your specific needs and usage environment. That's part of the value to buying one of our kits. If you ask, we'll make sure we put something in your hands that we think we will be best for you.

Quote:
Do these calipers and rotors mount without modification to the car? Or do we need to snip the backplate like other kits?
On the front there will be no required modifications, but we typically recommend the removal of dust shields for improved airflow. On the rear, you'll need to do some trimming of the dust shield to get the parts on the car. The procedure is very simple.

Quote:
Do you have or plan to have a good tutorial on how to install them?
We don't have our M3 install manual complete, but we will when the kit goes on sale officially. We pride ourselves on our extensive, in-depth instructions. We've all done installs like this with poor instructions, and we absolutely do everything we can to avoid putting our customers through that type of thing! Our instructions include lots of pics and info specific to the application. We don't use generic instructions from other platforms, nor do we throw in a one-pager in a foreign language...we hate that! You can see an example here of our detailed six piston front kit installation instructions for the corvette.

Quote:
Do these also work for the E90 M3 sedan? I think the brakes are exactly the same, but I'm not sure.
Yes, they work on the sedan or coupe.
Appreciate 0