03-05-2011, 12:39 PM   #436
AP Racing - Chris_B
Brake Maven
United_States
Rep
Drives: E34 540i/6, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtres View Post

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I need some help.
I bought my AP kit in Europe through am online retail seller. After sales support was rubish.
The kit (E90 M3 19" wheels) is awesome. However, I was advised to get some RS29 pads.

Everything was fitted last December, except for the rear Pagid pads. The guys who did the install are a professional racing company.
IIrc they said the rear pads did not clear the brackets. They said it was the correct shape for the calipers but not for the brackets. Can this be?

Since I had booked a track day a couple of days after the install, they fitted the Pagids on front and the AP pads on the back.

So, does anyone know if the rear Pagid pads require some cutting?
Sorry if this has been answered before, but this post is huge!

Anyway, I have attended two track days since December. The kit behaved beautifully. I am extremely happy with it. The Pagid pads squeal a lot, so I might change them for the APs for road use.

Thanks in advance!

PS: Apparently, the picture is not loading. Pads reference is CP6600055 / 20345
If you have the AP Racing Formula rear kit (CP6602 caliper), then you have the wrong pad trim. You would need a pad with a 51mm rubbing depth, not 55mm that the 20345 pad has. The deeper pad will crash into the rear hat (bell) if not trimmed.

I've got the Pagid catalog in front of me right now and I don't see a pad that does not require modification. However, things change all the time, so talk your Pagid distributor about any other possible options.

The pad in your picture (20345) fits the Stillen / AP Racing kit (CP5306 caliper) perfectly.

By the way, if you are set on using those RS29's, trace the original pad back plate onto the 20345 pad with a scribe. Take them to a band saw and trim them. It's really not too complicated to make them work, but they are not a drop in.

Last edited by AP Racing - Chris_B; 03-05-2011 at 04:16 PM.. Reason: More info
Appreciate 0