View Single Post
      11-03-2018, 06:37 AM   #17
perth1
Private
Rep
Drives: E90

Hi,
I've been using ProTool for about 2 days now. (The diagnostics license, not yet the Coding license).

I have managed to replace VIN in the Roof module, and change VIN in the driver seat module for my E90. I have used a $20 cable from China, and it has worked ok.

But I have noticed one surprising thing about my car, when I turn on the ignition it doesn't wake up the DSC module and Park Assist Module. Only after I start the engine the scan tool can 'find' these modules. It seems to be an issue with my car, not with ProTool, as the same happens when I try an older version of INPA also.

(Key pushed in /ignition on = Can see 19 modules). (Start button ON, engine running, can see 21 modules). I though I should be able to see the DSC just by pushing in the key in the key without engine running. Can someone confirm if this is normal, or a fault with my car?

I have replaced DSC module since the old one was crushed, so the second hand module has a different VIN and is not operating due to the VIN difference.
Anyway, when the car is running, I can't manage to replace VIN in the DSC module by using ProTool. It says 'successful', but the VIN remains the same.

Today I have done electric trouble shooting of the wiring and fuses. There are 3 different power supplies to the DSC, two thick wires, and one small wire. they are all powered with 12V at all times. (perhaps not when the car is asleep) Anyway, these are all powered even before the ignition is on.
Therefore it looks like some 'wake-up' problem?
If anyone has ideas that would be helpful.

My last attempt will be to try to write new VIN with Tool32 to the module while the car is running. Not sure if its a good idea, but the only I can think of.

Cheers,
Appreciate 0