Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
flybigjet,

Great post and beautiful pictures.

Pretty much everything you mentioned I'm familiar with other than the name of the heated gear and ADVrider.com site.

New versus Used, I usually like to eliminate any chance of hidden damage (bent frame) when I buy pricey items. I checked out A few used GS/A locally and was concerned by what I saw.

Thanks for the post. I'm learning a lot.
For the Warm and Safe gear, go here: https://www.warmnsafe.com/

I'd recommend getting the liner, NOT the jacket. That way, you an adjust your layering as required. The liners (pants, booties, gloves, top) all plug in and work together-- and best of all, they have a wireless controller. It's a little box that you just velcro onto the bike (I put it on the left brake reservoir)-- one knob controls top liner and gloves, and the other knob controls pants and booties. You don't need to wear the gloves or booties if you don't want to. The top and bottom are more or less like thermal underwear-- just wear them under whatever layers you want and you're good to go. I've had mine on at 12F while riding at 75 mph-- which works out to minus 18-- and I was toasty warm the whole time.

As far as damage to the bike-- if you do a good inspection (or better yet, spend a few bucks and have a reputable bike shop do it), you shouldn't have any issues. It would be really, really tough to hide the damage from a significant drop-- too many delicate pieces to scratch/bend (and the cylinder jugs on a Boxer engine will show damage easily-- hence the crash bars or cylinder covers).

I looked for a fair while, and it was pretty obvious to me which bikes were trashed/not taken care of and which had been well-cared for. But, I've been riding for a long time and have a lot of experience wrenching on a bike. But, I wouldn't have any trouble in my mind picking up a low-mileage 2019 bike-- it would be under warranty until about 2022, and you can get an extended warranty on it as well (RPM One for example) if you want piece of mind.

Good luck either way- finding "The Bike" for you can be a journey, but it's a lot of fun!

R.

Last edited by flybigjet; 11-07-2020 at 10:12 PM..
Appreciate 1
overcoil3073.50