View Single Post
      10-31-2008, 10:22 AM   #47
Maddox003
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 AW/FR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman View Post
You realize that the reason why there are no deals and long waits for the S5 is because Audi is making realative few of them and demand is very high. They don't need to do anyhting to sell the car.

As for the idea that a DB9 or Conti GT is a substitute for the RS5, you are out of your mind. You may be able to buy a DB9/GT out of the States for close to the same initial purchase price (though with the dollar at 1.2288 and a 6% import duty I don't think you can) but the running costs are astronomical. Call a Bentley or AM dealership and ask them about maintenance. You probably can't get an AMV8 out of the States for less than what the RS5 will go for.

Audi can make as little S5's as they want and can boast on how high the demand for their cars is....but in the end, they didn't get my money....and I'm their targeted clientele. Some buyers may have the patience to wait 6-9 months for a car, but in an economic state this volatile, things can turn on a dime.

If the RS5 is listed at 100k+, I don't see why one wouldn't consider a used DB9/GT from the States....but then again, since I have dual residency in Canada and in the US, I don't concern myself with the 6% import duty. As for running costs, it's not like the maintenance for a RS5 is free either (last time I've checked, Audi no longer include their Audi Care in their lineup of cars). And I doubt many would use a DB9/GT as a daily beater anyway....that's what the M3 is for . Of course one has to be careful when purchasing anything used, but as long as the mileage is not astronomical and you do the proper background check on the car....

So yea, if you're gonna spend 100k+ on a car, why not spend a little bit more and go up a notch.
Appreciate 0