Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
I would like to order an under-drive pulley for my M3. My car is a 05-2008 build according to the data plate on the driver door sill and is equipped with DCT.

My challenge resides in picking the right pulley/belt combo. The build date of my car is just a the threshold of when the belts were changed from single sided to double sided. The Turner site specifies that all models produced May-08 and up have the new belt while Dinan says all model June-08 and up have the new belt. To make matters more complicated, Turner also specifies the new belt for all DCT cars regardless of build date.

Is there a way I can visually determine this myself by looking at the belts on my car ?

Any help/insight from vendors would be greatly appreciated .
I can help, here's the belt routing from the 2 different systems:

2008-5/08 6SPD models (non DCT) belt routing

6/08+ and all DCT belt routing

The Macht Schnell pulleys are engineered to use standard "off the shelf" belts come replacement time during maintenance, they can be purchased at any auto parts store.

We have plenty of pulley kits in stock, let me know when ready to order one up or if you have any questions in advance.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0