05-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #74
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
it's also really hard to fake good service on the internet. vendors who just get people to shill for them are really obvious, and you can't keep the internet down forever. when i shop for a vendor i try to find those where an overwhelming number of people express complete happiness with them, and if anyone says there's a problem, they report back very quickly saying that it was taken care of satisfactorily.

it sometimes means you won't get the best price, but i'm happier doing business with stand-up people than getting a few bucks off. this strategy has led me to the doors of companies like IND and Velos that prove the reputation they've earned on this forum with every interaction.
Yes and no. It really depends on the ratio of good to bad. I even had a vendor tell me Thursday that these things don't happen at their company yet I guess I was the unlucky soul that it happened to. So either I have the worst luck of any individual and these vendors are just that great or these things are happening but are being suppressed.
Appreciate 0