View Single Post
      10-29-2018, 11:52 PM   #1
Immy68
Rep
Drives: m3

2013 e92 competition package with dinan exhaust price check (first time buyer)

Hey guys! Potential new m3 member here..

This is my first time buying a used sports vehicle pretty much. Need a little bit of help before I decide to pull the trigger or not. Here is the ad

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/bmw/m/la...%204G6&sprx=50

It's in canada as you can see. Priced at 43,900 CAD at 75k KM

This car has been listed for over a month or so now. It was originally 46k but bumped down to 43,900. I haven't checked it out in person yet but will be tomorrow or so.

Common sense tell me that this car has some problems if the ad has been up for over a month. I don't really understand the carfax report but you guys can check it out on the autotrader website by clicking on carfax.

There seems to be 2 owners of this car and 1 collision. But doesn't say much else other then that..

The car also has mostly what I want. Pretty much fully loaded.

A couple of questions..

1. Are all the carbon fibre on the car factory optioned? or did the previous owner added it on himself? (spoiler, front splitters, front grille, and I think it has a carbon diffuser as well?)

2. I really don't like a loud exhaust. How hard and expensive would it be for me to go back to stock exhaust from dinan? I would also sell the dinan exhaust of course lowering down the price of the car hopefully. The dealer said it doesn't have the stock exhaust so I would have to go look for it on ebay or something.

3. I'll be using this car as a daily driver. I won't be pushing the car hard at all every time but there will be A LOT of miles on this car. I average 20k-25k KM a year. Should I be worried? I know gas mileage is terrible on this car but if I'm able to get at least 16 MPG then I'll be happy. Again I won't be driving this car super fast or anything. Just normal cruising most of the time.
Appreciate 0