View Single Post
      05-31-2022, 05:34 PM   #97
smoothmacdaddy
Bub
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

hi all, as someone who is absolutely ZERO mechanically inclined, i was able to do this without damaging any clips or cutting any rubber hoses. sharing what i thought was helpful & what i did differently from the OP:

1) you don't need to take off the t-screws by the grill to remove the plenum, i was able to pull the entire airbox + elbow off simply by removing the 2 intake box screws & loosening the elbow hose clamps

2) regarding the rubber hose on the front side of the fuel breather valve: i went ahead and removed this hose first contrary to OP's suggestion. i took a flat head screwdriver and pried back and forth where the hose & FBV meet to loosen it and then shot some WD40 and let it cook for a few minutes. after prying a little more (to try to get the WD40 to penetrate deeper into the hose) it got pretty loose and slipped off with (relative) ease.

3) regarding the rear (most difficult) hose/clip, you want to remove the FBV from the mount by wiggling it off until the rubber grommet comes off. the reason for this is because you can rotate the FBV assembly so that the top & bottom of the clips are exposed so you can actually pinch them down. otherwise, the top clip is blocked by the plug for the other electrical connector you had to remove.

once the FBV is free from the mounting spot, like OP stated, you have to PULL the rear hose/clip INTO/TOWARD the FBV. by pulling it into the FBV first you'll notice the clips have a little more slack & give. don't waste your energy just trying to do 500 reps of taking the clip off but instead, do a snug/strong tug toward the FBV BEFORE pressing the clips and with literally all of the power your fingers have, press on the top and bottom clips and it should pop out

hope this helps, thanks to OP for this ultra detailed guide. helped me tremendously!
Appreciate 2
DrFerry6730.00
E90325M475.00