11-07-2019, 11:30 AM   #57
thump604
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2017 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeSurfer View Post
"Buyers are advised to have the vehicle checked for all required emission control devices prior to purchasing a new or used vehicle."

Straight from the law. This is you, you are the buyer. You're at fault just as the dealer is.

I'm not ridiculing you. I'm just saying you need to know the laws just as much as the dealer does. It's your responsibility. I assume you knew there are some laws regarding emissions in the state of Texas before you even started looking? It's responsible to look at both sides beforehand.

It sucks that you had to learn this way but it could've been prevented with 5 minutes on google and 2 minutes under the car.

I'm just playing devils advocate here.

-Mark
Boy, you just cling to whatever helps you play devils advocate while skimming over the things that don't.

It is good advice and I paid someone to do that. Regardless of the advise, it does not change the law. I have handled my responsibilities and dealt with the situation as it evolved. Yes, I knew some laws existed and then learned more. I'm out of this after this reply. It's interesting the entire focus has gone to me vs the root cause and how this could have really been completely prevented.
Appreciate 0