11-07-2019, 09:19 AM   #52
LakeSurfer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: bicycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
Not sure how business is conducted over there but in my world one should not be required to be an expert to avoid getting tricked by a dealer. On the contrary, one of the reasons to spend extra coin buying from a dealer it that they should make bloody sure the car follow local rules and laws (+ over here actually provide warranty for hidden faults for at least 6 month).

Regardless of right or wrong, can't see reason to start jerk around with people who simply is crying out and asking for opinions. Doesn't promote the fellowship at all in my book.

Cheers,
Nik
Well unfortunately we don't live in your world.

however much I agree with honestly and full disclosure it is not required by any law in this country. as a buyer you should be an expert or try to be or at least find someone who is when making a big purchase like a luxury sports car. in the states dealers are not required to provide any warranty of any sort. This is where you as a buyer come in and negotiate one and if that fails then roll your sleeves up and get underneath the car and check things out.

perhaps my initial post was inappropriate to use name calling, this doesn't mean i'm wrong. Its not an opinion that you should know what your buying because you should know what your buying, the key word is YOU. the dealer doesn't need to know what your buying because they don't care, you know this, i know this and everyone else knows this. perhaps it sounds harsh but its true. dealers have bad reputations for this reason so if you know dealers will try to screw you over then man up and find a way to protect yourself.

right or wrong if one is crying out for opinions then opinions is what they will get.

-Mark
Appreciate 0