11-07-2019, 07:16 AM   #49
LakeSurfer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: bicycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by thump604 View Post
This is an example why I deleted my content here. You are wrong but feel okay to call me names if it makes you feel good.
https://www.tceq.texas.gov/airqualit...tampering.html
At the end of the day I had no choice but to agree to a buyback - no choice.
I wasn't calling you names, its a blanket statement and still stands. you knew enough about the laws to post a link about them but you didn't look at the car to see if it past the laws?

When i bought my M3 i flew across the country and took it for half the day. I had a company do a Pre purchase inspection and I inspected it for 2 hours by myself. I brought notes and key things to look for. I would never hold the dealer accountable because its my purchase, not theirs so again they will not disclose everything or anything. the cats being removed are a pretty obvious modification. My car had the cats deleted as well and was sold in a state where it is illegal and guess what? no one told me the cats were removed. luckily for me i live in Florida where its legal to remove cats and modify cars.

that being said, it looks like they did sell it to you illegally and i guess thats why they took it back? and that sucks but I still think you should have caught it before you went into negotiations and before all this headache.

-Mark
Appreciate 0