08-22-2012, 04:02 PM   #10
slicer
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by showcase View Post
So you think I should lower using springs and nothing else? Does the ride generally become quite bouncy and rough? Would it be sig ificanrly less so with coilovers? I want my a decent look but I definitely want to maintain good ride quality.
Coilovers when properly set-up, are best. Next best are the "spring over" adjustable options from KW, Ground Control, and TC Kline (these use the stock dampers but have adjustable ride-height). Lastly springs from Eibach, H&R, B&G, RD Sport, etc. I had Eibach springs and liked the ride quality and the ride height was conservative (meaning it allowed for reasonable ground clearance). I recently switched to coilovers and the street performance / ride quality is much better even at a very low ride-height. However you pay much more for the extra performance of coil-overs.
'13 E92 M3 - Alpine Wht - Ohlins TTX, Fall-Line / SPL Suspension Arms, Eibach Sways, MRF Solid SF Bush, AP Racing Brakes (Essex), Cobra Seats w/BK Mount, Akrapovic GT4, CSF Cooling, VPhreaks Battery, OE M3 GTS - Lip and Interior, M235ir Wing, Varis Diffuser, BBS E88
'17 F31 M-Sport - 513M Wheels, H&R Springs
'Instagram - @slicer_m