View Single Post
      04-14-2021, 07:52 PM   #4
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Three things:

1. Shit rolls down hill... and you'll be at the bottom of the hill for a little while, so hunker down and persevere. Don't get caught up in unrealistic expectations, especially in our image focused society. Part of what will make you successful is the ability to just roll up your sleeves and get shit done and at the start of your career, that's about the only thing you can meaningfully work on. Managing and leading are skills you will learn down the road - and the best leaders lead from in front (and you can't lead from in front if you can't get shit done.)

2. One thing I wish I could go back and tell myself is not to worry so much about that landing your dream job right after college - just get in proximity of the industry or job that you really want, and start to build your network organically through work. You WILL make connections and your experience will be much better for it once you make it to the job you want.

3. There is no set timeline, everyone's journey will be different. Don't beat yourself up if you feel like you aren't where you want to be - break it down in steps and execute step by step. Then be ready to seize opportunity when it presents itself.
vreihen1615139.00
King Rudi13154.00
nyalpine907423.50
Murf99314114.00