Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
1) Yes, there are tweaks that can be made to extract the most power out of the car on the dyno.

2) If there is enough interest in this Group Buy, we will offer a free reflash in the first 6 months.

3) Mainly removal of the check engine light. There are also some changes in fueling and vanos operation depending on your exhaust setup.

Flashing device release ETA is unknown. US testing has not been completed for our new vanos files.

Thanks,
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen335i View Post
Thanks for the detailed information Mike. Couple other questions (sorry for inundating your w/questions):

1) If we were able to get enough guys up here (8 or more) that wanted to go with your tune, and you were then willing to fly up here to perform the tunes, what's the benefit? My original assumption is that you could "custom tune" each car...by using before/after dyno runs you could tweak the tune of each car to maximize the gains. Is that assumption correct?

2) Re-flashing: I asked this one earlier. What happens if your car goes in for normal service and the dealer does an ECU reflash to your car? I assume there is a good chance your tune could be wiped out with their flash. How do we go about re-flashing the car? And more importantly, how much are we going to have to pay to reflash? Is there a "one time reflash for free" offer you guys have?

3) So, from your post above, it sounds like real "software gains by themselves are really in the 10-25hp range, depending on the car (as you said every car varies). So, I'm wondering what the differences are in Stage I vs Stage II?

Also, I don't think the dyno runs would be something we would expect you to pay for...the last time this was done by the Mini guys, each owner payed the dyno shop directly...the "tuner" didn't have to worry about that part. He just showed up to the shop and did his work. I think each guy paid the dyno shop 1-150 for dyno time.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0