Rep
Drives: E90 M3 AW

Garage List
2007 335i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by J89 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKLYZ View Post
Bumping this thread. What were some indicators that you all receive to make you decide to replace your altenators? I'm Thinking about replacing mine. I have an 08 with 73k.
If an 08 I'd definitely replace it.

Mine was feeling strange for a week or two. Couldn't pick what it was but knew my car wasn't the same. It's a daily btw so it makes it a it easier to tell any subtle changes.

First started with a very very subtle weird noice on start up followed by slightly lower idles. This was all coupled with me feeling as though the car felt different when driving but couldn't pick what it was. This all lasted a week.
Then all in one day; seat warmers stop working in the morning. Came night time to go home, slowly slowly every single light started to go on. Engine light, abs, punctured tire, air bag, dampening shocks etc etc and finally the car lost power and turned off.

Replaced the battery and the car turned on beautifully.
Drove it to work today (this all happened yesterday) only to return home now with the 'low battery' signal coming up as I entered the drive away.

Alternator it is.
Taking it in tomorrow
Thanks. I guess my alternator is going on it's way out. My wife was driving my car a week ago and experienced multiple symptoms similar to yours. The Windows stopped working, the A/C quit working, the belt restraint error displayed along with dynamic stability error. She was able to get it back to the house and had her slap the battery tender on it. Once the battery was fully charged, she started the car up and all the earlier symptoms had gone away. This was after letting the car charge for 48hrs before starting. I'm out of country so I could not investigate further.