View Single Post
      05-05-2014, 06:48 PM   #1
jcp907
Rep
Drives: 2002 M5 ISO E92 M3

E92 M3 ZCP in SCCA Solo F Street

Hello everyone! I am considering an E92 M3 with competition package, and to go race in FS in SCCA. Some say I am nuts, the car to have is still the Shelby GT. Or, it's way down on torque compared to the Coyote Mustang. Or, even the E46 M3 is the better choice because of weight.

I would like to hear from those that have autocrossed theirs (particularly if they have autocross the others) and want some honest debate...along with some fun, regarding whether or not the E92 ZCP can get it done nationally. Unfortunately, any discussion regarding the 15 Mustang would be pure speculation (at this point in time).

I see that an 08 (non-zcp car) did very well on Saturday last year, and took third in F Stock. Was this a fluke? An alien driver? A lack of competition? An indication of the cars abilities?

I've touched on a couple of the concerns, I'll add the biggest concern and that is a lack of camber. However, Both Mustangs must get a little worse on street tires, compared to the M3, no? And the trans/final drive/tire puts the M3 in a good place for autox at the top of 2nd gear. IRS is pretty solid.

Rich and Chuck, please offer your opinions! I am getting closer to pulling the trigger on something.

I'll finish this first post with: it rests on the driver. I understand, and am not there, yet. But, that doesn't mean I don't want to try! I'll be coming from an M5 and have improved a bit...here's a video from yesterday's autocross on Daytona Speedway's cart track:

What are your thoughts?

Last edited by jcp907; 05-05-2014 at 06:50 PM.. Reason: Video link failure
Appreciate 0