01-29-2013, 06:33 PM   #18
JMK007
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 M Sport, RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyBobby View Post
I've been running my e90 fairly competitively in TTA for 3 years now but am not sure what to do this year since TTA is being replaced by TT3 - where I will get slaughtered.

I'm interested to hear if greenbaum has changed his tune in the dyno reclass on the e90 M3 given his response to me last month.

"I really can't do anything with that car to re-class it down in base class, despite its weight. It has a ton of power, and the car is built to handle well, even at that weight. "

I know you didn't want to hear this, but the e36 M3 is your best bet for a tt car that will pay for itself vs an e 90 M3 after a couple seasons of mods and wear items. The e36 CAN be dyno reclassified if you want to keep the interior for street use.
Crap! I'm sure I will get the same answer. TTA looks tough for anything but a fully prepped car. The idea of running in TT3 competitively in a car with a full interior seems impossible. Out of curriosity, what was your set up in TTA?

The e36 M3 would be a great choice in TTC (which I ran in TTD in near stock trim). As another member pointed out, the e46 would also be a nice choice in TTB. However, I need a super safe car with lots of airbags when I need to occasionally transport my kids (when my wife has the SUV). The e90 fits that bill.
Appreciate 0