DivideBYZero
Never underestimate the Home-Bowl
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F87 M2<E92 M3<E46 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tareemaa View Post
i drive with one mind, my two eye, three pedals always, always employing all four of my limbs, some how evoking all five of my senses, and always rowing through those epic 6 gears.

-anand a. shah

talk about m-dct all you want, and how perfect the down shifts are, and how lightening fast the upshifts are, most of us here don't drive an M3 for pure speed, we are not professional drivers getting paid on the basis of our lap times, but we drive this ultimate driving machine for the sheer prowess it entails as a true road car that when brought to its true element on a track, evokes the emotion of car 2, 3, hell fuck it, 4 times it price, to drive this car with an automated, nevertheless dual clutch highly advanced transmission, is a waste, this car is meant to be driven in its true old school fashion, to perfect every down shift, and to row through every gear through every straight by the human mind and body.

I am a purist, and for as long as the BMW M3 is offered in a manual transmission, it will be my number one choice, not because it is relatively affordable, because it is everything the ultimate driving machine should be...

Long live the manual transmission BMW M3
Meh, this attitude only comes from US members who feel like "heroes" driving an MT car. For those that grew up in countries where AT is rare nobody is a hero for driving MT and it carries no cache whatsoever.

You're not a purist, you're just late to the age of MT and trying to make up for it.
Appreciate 0