View Single Post
      11-19-2009, 03:16 PM   #21
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

I wish PG would chime in but I know as a Mod, he won't get into these type of conversations / wars. Quite frankly,messing with AFRs so that they are far from the factory settings can be a a very bad thing. I'm sure there is a right and wrong answer here and I can't imagine any justification for AFRs this lean. But, I learn something new everyday, and I don't tune for a living.

This too much reminds me of the stuff many people ran into and continue to run into with the N54 tuning and the AFR issues that few chose to acknowledge. TLUD, I'm in NO WAY DISRESPECTING YOU or attempting to bring negativity to a happy thread, but damage to engines and other car parts are not always seen while the damage is being done, much like damage to another machine we all have experience with--the human body.

I like to equate tuning of cars to drugs for our bodies, they may help us and make us better, but they can kill us as well. Just because you take a drug and you don't die the next day doesn't mean damage isn't being done, just not making itself apparent to you.

I'm not saying Powerchip didn't do a great job, nor am I saying that the tune or any tune performed by them is damaging to yours or any other owner's S65, but, something like an extremely high or low AFR should not be taken lightly, neither by you and more importantly your tuner.

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0