View Single Post
      06-27-2018, 11:15 PM   #1
DreamTime
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

Outside tire wear

Tonight I pulled my track wheels out so that I could try and determine which tires were in what position at my last track weekend, since I did not have the foresight to pay attention and/or mark them for future reference. I wanted to know so that I could mark them to keep track of their placement for more effective rotating. Since I only used the tires “directionally”, it was pretty easy to figure out. Once I had them all placed, I noticed that every single one of them had wear in the same place (but to varying degrees) - on the outside. The fronts worse than the rears. It’s not bad or anything, but I feel like I should do what I can to stay on top of it. I guess this type of wear is normal Would this have anything to do with my camber? It is currently -1.6/1.5 in front and -1.8 in back.

I badly want to install the awesome Ground Control street camber plates that have been sitting in my garage for months now. Would this help? I have only waited because I wanted to install my B8s at the same time. I grow weary of waiting though, and have thought that maybe I should just install the damn camber plates soon, and then do the shocks when they get here.

I hope all of that made sense. Any suggestions or insight would be helpful. Thanks

Name:  front left.JPG
Views: 638
Size:  563.3 KB

Name:  front right.JPG
Views: 608
Size:  736.1 KB
Appreciate 0