01-18-2018, 08:40 AM   #9
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Not to start an argument but a bunch of the shops around are big enthusiasts and know what they are doing. The owner of BSC for instance used to be a tech at United and owns an M4 GTS among other M cars.

Why pay more? I never understand it maybe I'm missing something.
No doubt other shops are enthusiasts. I would be seriously concerned if they weren't.

Markert has been recommended to me by a lot of people, is very convenient for me with my girl working in Lawrenceville and me in Suwanee (we can just drop the car and go), and I've had no complaints with anything that they have done for me. Rob and the guys have their fun with the Spec E30 crowd which I have been involved with and developed friendships with. I'm sure I don't even know of half of the shops in the Atlanta area, but Technica for example is essentially Atlantic Station. That is a hell of a drive for me to consider changing up on a shop that has been doing me right for maybe $50 more on a job.

So the short answer? Maybe it's convenience. I'll probably chew up the small savings I will find somewhere else in just gas for two cars to drop it off. Not to mention time spent. If I lived in Midtown or something, then I'd probably be going there. They turn me around quick and do a quality job with a 60k mile warranty on everything they do. Hell as I type this, Jordon just sent me a text updating me on how things are going.
Appreciate 0