slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricSMG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
Front monoball change resulted in zero NVH increase on the e92 in my experience. I installed Delrin FCAB on my e46 and it was noisey. Not the case on the e92 as it's a different suspension design.
Yep, I understand it's a different design. However, the FTABs complete control the fore/aft movement of the wheels and thus take 100% of the initial impact load just as the FCABs do on the 46M.

As such, any reduction in fore/aft compliance of the wheel will increase impact harshness (not noise) over sharp hits. There is simply no way around this. It may be a non-issue for some people but will be or others.

The question is not if they will increase harshness but rather how much.
I don't agree. The e46 design is significantly different and that bushing design on the e46 makes it more susceptible to NVH. I have had both, ran Delrin on e46 and monoball on e92. I immediately detected more NVH with e46. Immediately detected nothing with the e92 monoball.

Try it out and report back. It's certainly possible that you are more sensitive and will disagree with me. I'm surprised you have a strong opinion considering you have never experimented with the monoball bushing change. I should clarify that changing that one single bushing did not increase NVH. I did detect an increase in NVH when I went to full monoball on the entire front and rear suspension. In other words I agree that rubber bushings are more compliant in general. However, converting that one bushing to monoball did not cause a detectable increase in NVH in my experience.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 1
Theodore668.50