06-29-2020, 07:29 PM   #81
M3vk23
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3 - E46 M3 ZCP - G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by //steve\\ View Post
This seemed to take forever but I finally got the electric steering wheel removed from the car and put my new wheel in. I LOVED having the data that you get with the steering wheel although I didn't particularly love the look of it right in my face. I think if I was tracking the car it might be something I really wanted to have. I won't say that I'll never have another one, just not for now. Removal of the electronic steering wheel was quite extensive. It's connected in multiple places and in my case the harness was run behind the CIC instead of through the console. This was the first time ever working on a car that I had to de-pin and re-pin electrical connectors. Good learning experience and it's wasn't nearly as intimidating as I thought it might be. Easy to say now that I'm done and verified everything works

I picked this new wheel up a month or so ago from a friend here. Very happy with the quality for aftermarket and I really like that the wheel alcantara matches my shifter trim.

I generally just like very clean and simple so I also removed the red M button and red start button in favor of the simple OE parts.

I don't think this will be the last wheel in the car but I'm happy with it for now. I would definitely purchase another wheel from the same place though.

My gut says what I'll end up doing is having them make me a wheel with the same color alcantara but a fully round wheel (I don't love the D-shape) and either no top stripe or a stripe that's the same color and material so that there is still a stripe but it's just very very subtle. It would ultimately look much like the OE GTS wheel.

Steering wheel looks amazing. Would you share the company who makes it?
G80 M3 Comp
Appreciate 0