View Single Post
      11-03-2008, 04:42 PM   #11
ACZakka325i
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2 stroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Active Autowerke View Post
Not trying to argue either but you make no sense. Where does this stop? Then you are going to purchase Replica Brembos, AA parts, and maybe even GP Thunders ?

If everyone had your attitude then there would be a bunch of replicas on the market.. Since these prices are "unfair"...right? What happens when these replica parts either fail or fade depending on the type of upgrade.... there is also the chance that these replicas do so good that companies like Vorsteiner or AA for that matter go out of business??? Then who is going to do the R&D for the replica companies to copy??? Frankly I think what you are saying is ridiculous.
What doesn't make any sense to you about my post? I don't want to argue either man. No, I wont buy replica brembos, but I would consider a less expensive alternative if it delivered nearly/exactly the same performance.

If they fail or fade, I accept that as I am paying a 1/3 of the price. If these replicas do so good, maybe you would consider lowering the price so that you would sell more units and maybe your product would be more attractive. Then you wouldn't go out of business. Just a suggestion. If you go out of business, then someone else will come along and do what you do with less profit margin. Thats the way the free-market works as I'm sure you already know.

Look, that last thing I want to do is get into it with a vendor on this site, as I will more likely end up looking like the asshole. I've been a member here since July of 2005 and consider myself to be a decent contributing member to the forum. I feel like the question I posed, while I knew would piss you guys off, was legitimate.
(Waitlist): #1 M2CSL
(Current): 2016 F15 X5 3.5xdrive - 2010 997.2 C4S Coupe
(Past): 2016 F30 340xi M-Sport -2013 535i xdrive
2008 E92 M3 - 2006 E90 325i
2002 E46 325xi - 1991 E30 325i
Appreciate 0