07-08-2007, 09:20 PM   #17
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewhouseEnt View Post
Normally when I mention Audi and their styling, I get trounced like a Cheap, Truck-stop Hooker in a Sunday Church Pew....
I simply am astounded at the LACK of styling, adornments, molding, etc. and then by that incredibly lame 4 Circle thing of an emblem... Audi's don't actually even have a style. They seem to be the clay pre-design shapes that exist before the designers start carving on them...
Know what Audi’s look like? Marshmallow Puffins with wheels. Why in Gods name is everyone so ape about a line of models that have no lines? No edges, no bulges, really…

I seem to be one of the few humans breathing air that is astonished by this weird, Acid LSD like effect on the motoring public of Audi’s “great looks.”
The 08’ Accord and Civics… The 08’ Camrys, literally, I’m not kidding, look 3 times better than the little bloated beasties called ‘Audi.’

I firmly believe it’s a mass hysteria situation. 3 people stand in the window of an Audi dealership screaming “Oh My God! How gorgeous!” Suddenly everyone gets out of their cars, run over and start drooling. Had those same 3 nit-wits screamed in horror, the entire crowd would have crooned in like sheep, vomited on cue and ran for the hills.

Ok, Audi lovers, chime in, tell me all about the styling of the rounded bean-bag clones called Audi...
I've never owned an Audi, but generally have thought they have more integrated and cleaner designs than BMW (my opinion, as an architect). The RS5 rear from the side looks a little odd to me, though. I do like the interior, though it's nothing radical. As others have said, this is a large coupe. The RS5 is probably better compared to the M6.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0