View Single Post
      04-03-2019, 11:33 AM   #1
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Two vehicles I think are currently missing from the market

I think that the following two cars would be easy for any manufacturer to sell.

First, there's clearly a hole in the huge gap between a Miata and a Boxster. This used to be filled by the six cylinder Z3, SLK and even the higher output TT. But most of those have foolishly moved up to try to compete with the Boxster directly, or just died altogether. Hyundai April fooled a compelling looking roadster, and Alfa tried the 4C, half heartedly. But surely someone can offer a 250-300hp, 2,500-2,700 pound, rwd roadster in this realm, no?

Then there's my never ending quest for a smaller, Lexus IS/E46 sized rwd sedan that's available with a manual. Bonus points for a wagon. This is pretty much where the old 1er was, except the US never got it and it was a heavy bugger. The mock ups of a BRZ sedan were always kind of cool, and Mazda has threatened some form of Wankel/hybrid coupe and sedan a few times, but they seem committed to their current lineup and nothing more. Surely the Koreans with Biermann, Scheyer and others can come up with something more inspired than the G70?

Or maybe it's all just going to be a bunch of electric pods and I should assimilate. No more fun cars, just increasingly faster, but boring appliances.
Appreciate 1
chassis6565.50