aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Sory guys...but all these spark plugs on this page...don't look good !
That's why i change mine on 20K miles,but here in Belgium i run alway's 98 RON !
So...maybe therefore my plugs looks way better,and keep in mind...the S65 likes new plugs
When i changed my plugs...i felt realy the difference,so you guys with plugs in a realy bad condition...you must even more feeling the difference
I have filled BP Ultimate (RON 98) from day 1 in my car and given the claim made by BP - "BP Ultimate Unleaded and BP Ultimate Diesel have outstanding cleaning properties. Not only can they prevent the build-up of deposits, they are formulated to help clean away existing ones, making your engine feel and run much more like new again," I am surprised there is build up on the plugs.

About 6 months ago I ran a bottle of Liqui Moly Fuel System Conditioner and this is what's claimed by Liqui Moly - "Liqui Moly Fuel System Cleaner / Conditioner is ideal for high performance engines as fuel flow and atomisation is critical. It can also be used to detox a fuel system that has starting or hesitation problems, rough idling, poor acceleration or above normal exhaust emissions. This concentrated formula with its intense detox is more effective than most fuel injection cleaners. It fully restores horsepower and efficiency through its deep cleaning action that removes stubborn build-ups of carbon & deposits. The special conditioners protect the entire system from fuel tank to combustion chamber, allowing optimum fuel flow for 10,000km. Suitable for both petrol and diesel engines that are carburettor, fuel injected or direct injected. Safe for all catalytic converters, oxygen sensors, and diesel particulate filters."

With all these look at the build up on the plugs that have done 37k km over five years. These kms have been mainly city and short runs.

So I don't know what the cause of the build up we see given all the cleaning we do.
Attached Images