View Single Post
      08-25-2010, 04:54 PM   #10
DadzM4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurrian @ eas View Post
Sorry, that's what I meant by specific warranty, meant to say that specific parts warranty, or whatever can be associated with it.

All dealers are different though... I had a customer come in the other day who said his service manager said that he would void his WHOLE suspension warranty if he put aftermarket wheels on his car... The dealer I take mine to, doesn't even care that I have full exhaust on my car, that a check engine light is on because I don't have cats let alone the few other things I have on (including the Rogue Short shift kit).

But also note, the dealership has to prove BEYOND a shadow of a doubt, that the short shift kit (in this instance) was the sole reason behind the transmission blowing. Also note, that in all my years of modding cars and being involved with aftermarket parts, I've never seen a short shift kit ruin a transmission in the car, especially with parts from Rogue.

So at least you'll have peace of mind when you put that SSK in your car
I understood what you meant, just wanted it to be clear for others......

It is all about the Dealer and how much they want to be a stickler for the rules. I only have one BMW Dealer near me and they are sticklers. Wheels are not an issue and a slip on exhaust is not an issue but that is as far as they go. As far as them proving the issue was caused by the after market part you are 100% correct, it is on them to prove that. I just see it that if they have to prove it they are going to take forever getting you your car back because they are going to dig and dig until they can't anymore hoping that they find some sort of proof or abuse so they can make you pay. I have the shifter and fully intend to get it installed. If the trans blows I know there is a real chance I will end up paying, but I understand I have to pay to play.