08-25-2010, 04:48 PM   #9
david @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadzM3 View Post
Call BMWNA as I did today. They do not void the warranty on the entire car, however if you have any transmission issues they will "more than likely be blamed on the after market shifter" and the warranty repair may not be warranty. So if your trans blows up, don't count on BMW fixing it on their dime. I also had the local rep called today and he confirmed the exact same thing.
Sorry, that's what I meant by specific warranty, meant to say that specific parts warranty, or whatever can be associated with it.

All dealers are different though... I had a customer come in the other day who said his service manager said that he would void his WHOLE suspension warranty if he put aftermarket wheels on his car... The dealer I take mine to, doesn't even care that I have full exhaust on my car, that a check engine light is on because I don't have cats let alone the few other things I have on (including the Rogue Short shift kit).

But also note, the dealership has to prove BEYOND a shadow of a doubt, that the short shift kit (in this instance) was the sole reason behind the transmission blowing. Also note, that in all my years of modding cars and being involved with aftermarket parts, I've never seen a short shift kit ruin a transmission in the car, especially with parts from Rogue.

So at least you'll have peace of mind when you put that SSK in your car
Appreciate 0