View Single Post
      06-10-2019, 08:28 PM   #216
GT172I
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 11 M3 ZCP, 11 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT172I View Post
I'm also in the middle of this job on my M3 DCT after doing on my 335IS DCT a few months ago. I must say it's much easier the second go around even though the side pressure filter is a little different with the oil cooler lines running across the opening.

Question for you folks having already done the job though, when pulling out the Sucking Jet Pump (28107842838-white scoop blocking the suction filter) the O-ring that goes around the upper section holding it in place fell apart. Pretty sure it was already failed but I can't find a part number or reference to an equivalent sized o-ring. I would strongly prefer not to buy a new pump for $92 just to get a $1 o-ring. Anybody else run into this issue/change that o-ring during their service?

Other advice I can share having done this 1.5 times is that it's worth it to buy the OEM pressure filter. I bought two aftermarket ones planning one each for M3 & IS from ECS but they didn't fit and required razor blade trimming of the plastic. In the multiple trial and error attempts at this I mangled one irreparably and barely got the second one in. Between that and trying to get that damn snap ring out without snap ring pliers I probably spent 3+ hours on that crap. I caved and bought $20 snap ring pliers and an OEM filter for the M3 job and had it out and replaced in 20 mins including the oil lines. WAY easier!
Ok, so after talking to the parts guy after picking up some coolant for a flush, he confirmed they do not have an equivalent o-ring or at least he couldn't find one so I broke out the calipers and took some measurements of the old one and the groove it sits on.

ID of the groove = 22mm
Old o-ring thickness = 1.4 to 1.7mm depending on direction as it had flattened out

The 22 x 2mm I ordered originally were slightly too large and fit loose on the shaft preventing the pump from being seated. I found some Buna-N (Nitrile) O-rings in 13/16" ID x 1/16" Th (20.6 x 1.6mm) that have excellent oil resistance and temp tolerance. It fit perfectly snug for those that may find themselves in a similar situation.
Appreciate 3
bigjae19761569.50
Mimmer57.00
victo6.00