04-17-2019, 10:38 PM   #206
nekbreaker
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettcp View Post
I just did this as my 2012 M3 just hit 100k miles. Also changed out the side filter and suction filter so I needed more fluid. Ended up draining about 5.5L out (measured once it was all out) and refilling about 5.7L or so back in (I had a minor leak from the mechatronics side cover gasket for a while, nothing major).. I had initially ordered 5L but decided to get one extra just in case - glad I did! For the fill process, I just followed the general guidelines mentioned earlier. Filled up about 4L before it started leaking out of the fill hole, hand screwed the fill plug back in (not tight) started the car, put it in Park, maintained 2000rpm for about 70-80 seconds or so, got back under the car, took the fill screw out and sure enough I was able to put another 1.7L or so in before it started leaking out again. Tightened up the fill screw, took it for a mellow test drive and rowed through the gears several times, everything seems fine.

The new fluid definitely appeared cleaner than the old fluid that came out. The old side filter material felt like it was worn out, felt like the material was falling apart.
did you replace the o ring on the cooler line when you removed them to get to side filter or no I'm doing this sat wanna know if I have to I order those ring just in case
Appreciate 0