07-08-2018, 09:35 PM   #5
jaehshim
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
60622 includes some very popular & trendy neighborhoods like Wicker Park, hence the high prices. You will definitely enjoy that part of the city if you want easy access to food, shopping, nightlife, entertainment, etc. However, that zipcode also includes and borders some less-desirable neighborhoods which is why you are seeing some very cheap stuff. It's a very dense part of the city and parking around there is going to suck. Many people there either don't have a car or they're content to just let it sit on the street and get bashed up.

If you are trying to stay near that hospital, my advice is to use something like Spot Hero and do a monthly garage rental somewhere in the vicinity. This will keep the car off the street but you may need to walk a few blocks to fetch it. I did a quick check on Spot Hero and there are secured garages for about $250/month, which seems like a good price to keep the car safe. PM me if you want a referral code or anything. If you can't find stuff on Spot Hero, try searching Craigslist for a personal private garage -- maybe someone has an extra spot you can rent for a month.

Otherwise, I would say stay somewhere else in the city with better parking and more choice in housing. You can just use public transit or Lyft/taxi to get to the hospital. We have very good public transit and a lot of amazing neighborhoods to experience.
Thank you for a detailed comment!
My friends recommended Logan square, South Loop, West Loop or Trip Taylor, price seems to be pretty high and Parking seems to be pretty bad. Honestly, parking is quite important for me lol

I'm looking for Sub $1000/month Air BnB with nice house parking (not street) OUTSIDE of downtown, which suburb town (maybe within ~20 min driving) outside of 60622 do you recommend?
I have close relative living in Schamburg but it's quite far from 60622, but Schamburg is the type of neighborhood I'm looking for, i'm happy to drive ~20min commute daily to the hospital