FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Quoting myself to add some info

Recently I did a mountain drive with my brother, one in the E92 and the other in the F80 CS. This is pretty rare as we're usually in the same car vs two, and also because we very seldom do any kind of mountain road driving in the US
The E92 is 6MT, 382whp, what people would typically refer to as 'full bolt on'
The CS is completely stock powerwise. Dyno'd with the E92 it gets 432whp.

A few notes from the drive:
-in twisty roads:
the CS seems to have a ton of lag. You press the throttle, nothing happens, then it boosts, melts your face off and immediately you're braking for the next turn. It feels quite imprecise in tighter turns in terms of power application. The E92's throttle is incredibly sharp and although down on power, it usually accelerates much longer in each gear -as it starts accelerating at least a second before the CS starts doing useful things- so even if that acceleration is smaller, doing it for more time yields better results.
-on the highway:
The typical WOT bursts to avoid a moron from cutting you off, the WOT bursts to pass a left lane hog... the e92 also performs much better. In 6th at highway+ speeds it accelerates immediately and has a good amount of power. In the CS following it you need to shift to 5th if you want to follow

In a tightish mountain road my money would be on an E92.

Where the CS really shines is at the racetrack, where throttle applications last many seconds, the turns are known so you can minimize turbolag and the high power output really makes a difference. Plotting SoloDL data together of the same track the speed difference is monumental
That's interesting. Does the CS not have the "on/off" Sport Plus throttle characteristic of the GTS?

Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11493.00