07-16-2012, 08:38 PM   #15
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic330i View Post
I am only in my second year at my college, an expensive one at that, and I am contemplating leaving for a job.

Since 2010 I have worked under a friend who started a company and has been very successful in these tough times. I have worked at the original location every summer/Christmas since. I currently make around 12-15k a year working part time and in school. Also, the company is 2 hours away from my college so working while in school is not an option.

It leaves me thinking, If he could offer me a 30-40-50k job now, should I move and do it? I have an older long time friend who would move with me and split rent. I just feel that even after sinking into debt with school, I still could come out with the same job. But then what if I am in need of a degree down the road?! So many scary thoughts... Both of my parents did not attend college and are incredibly successful for not attending. Also, my boss did not attend either...

My car is payed off, I pay about $1000 a month now to live.

What do any of you recommend? Stay in school at a rate of $$$ per year or start life now? I would basically end with my AA. Also, what if I did online schooling such as the University of Florida online business school?

I appreciate any help
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic330i View Post
I am staying in school, attending USF in Florida this fall and making 50k as a assistant manager in an Apple store with a upgrade to 85 in 2 years in my contract.
Either I missed something or you literally just got hired at Apple after you started this thread
Appreciate 0