View Single Post
      07-01-2018, 01:14 PM   #12
boss2k
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
I can only share what I know from past experiences...

While most tolls can be paid on-line (look up Kentucky tolls?) after the fact without penalty (I believe the I-Pass system allows 5 days?)....

your rental car company probably already has a deal setup. And the deal works like this...

They are going to bill you a set daily charge for tolls. The charge will be for each and every day of the rental even if you didn't go through a toll on a given day and if you try to pay the tolls on-line (as I noted above), it will not let you - it will say "sorry dude, your rental company is about to take yo up the you know what..."

And that is exactly what happened to us. I think Avis was $3.95 per day (maybe $4.95 per day) and I went through tolls on the LAST day of our spring break rental. So one day of tolls that totaled maybe $5, turned into a $20 bill (might have been $30, I just remember thinking - wow, I got screwed).

So the real question is - did you rent from a name brand place?
Yes Hertz, I will check with them when I drop off car tomorrow

As you said I have to go through rental company and pay toll because the state has the car has car registration details only which belongs to Hertz. I am perfectly fine with that and even when I take my own car I may get bill in the mail which I can pay online

Just wanted to find out details
Appreciate 0