11-12-2018, 11:04 PM   #15
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRules! View Post
Hi folks,

I live very close to NYC and am planning to start my trip on Thur eve around 3.30 pm after leaving work early.

Since I might hit evening traffic @ multiple spots, I am planning to drive for about 5/6 hours and spending Thursday night either @ Harrisonburg or Staunton depending on how tired I am.

And then I saw this thread and now know more about the Blue Ridge. Darn!

It is so tempting to join the caravan on Friday, but I suspect that it will be quite tough for me to join given my start time on Thursday.

Let me see if I can advance my time and reach Roanoke that night and join you folks on Friday. Will keep you posted.

Thanks!
Yes, join us whenever you can. Thursday looks like a messy travel day along I95 and I81 in MD and VA, so we'll leisurely cruise down to Roanoke, VA at some point early Thursday.

On Friday, the weather looks better, but we may leave a little later, to let the Blue Ridge dry a bit after Thursday's rain. So you can likely link up with us on Friday for the Blue Ridge drive. We'll stay in touch. Again, the weather may shift plans slightly on Thursday and Friday.
Appreciate 1