View Single Post
      02-24-2017, 03:06 PM   #52
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

I saw a "base" AWD car today on the 19's with an older dude driving and it made both want him and want to be him. I need to go sit in one of these soon, from the outside, they're just plain pretty, and it just looks SMALL which is my favorite thing about the ATS and my least favorite about the F30 which is just large to the eye and the butt, even though it's only about 1.5" shorter overall than F80 it has a slightly longer wheelbase so it looks more stretched over the wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
i really like the car, i just don't know if i'd like the turbos. its such a similar platform to the m3 that i couldn't bring myself to get one just because of that (front engined, rear wheel drive performance luxury car).
One of the things that's encouraging to me about the reviews so far is the QV they say, drives like a real turbo engine, not a turbo engine trying to pretend it's a big lazy V8. I miss turbo lag and rushes to redline from back before somebody passed an unwritten rule that all turbo motors must make peak torque at 1500rpm. Drove a 996tt recently and it was refreshing to say the least to be reminded why turbo used to mean more fun, not less

Last edited by Richbot; 02-24-2017 at 03:14 PM..
Appreciate 0