View Single Post
      01-19-2021, 10:02 PM   #59
berns
Captain
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRLane View Post
Good to know, no one is immune to the speed mod pressures... I swear your build thread was explicit about no aero :
You know what, I'm embarrassed. This is an addiction. I signed up for the GTS lip group buy with Epoustouflant just for the one-piece. Just for looks!

Then I realized I really only liked the look of it with the splitter on the bottom. Then I started thinking the splitter could be improved down the road, made bigger, with more support. Then I realized that'd only be useful if I put at least a GTS wing on the car, since, if anything, the car needs more REAR grip, not front. Then I started thinking of what I'd really want, which is the BimmerWorld front lip & splitter package, without the brake ducts, and their canards. And then, I saw your comment, DRLane. You're right.

I committed to accomplishing some serious goals with this car with no aero. I haven't even done all the rear arms, rear subframe mounts/bushings, a Drexler with a 4.10... Haven't run a 53 at Buttonwillow on Street tires, or set new no-aero platform records at all the California tracks. So, back to that plan. Thanks for bringing me back down, man. Really went full idiot today.
Appreciate 4
DRLane3991.50
slcook541863.00
//steve\\1074.00