Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrippy View Post
Appreciate your view but try and drive in +100 temps in stop and go LA (or where ever) traffic. You WILL see a rise in temps. My goal was to have people post a pick that shows their stats to see how our cars average. Somehow folks have given pics outside of this. I was hoping to see a pic of the cluster completely. This would show ambient and motor temps. This would kind of provide some comparable info for all. My ambient 117 with high motor temps in stop and go makes sense. I wanted comparable info based of AMBIENT TEMP + DRIVING CONDITIONS for reference. Most of the pics seem to be basic

Fine, it will rise a little bit, but the point is that it is pretty much irrelevant Also, that gauge is not terribly accurate. Not really sure of the point of everyone posting "well mine is 1.2mm past the middle mark" or "oh yeah well mine is only 0.9mm past the middle mark". Are people really staring at the oil temp needle and panicking because it moved slightly?
Lol I feel ya. I was hoping to see what some NV & AZ folks look like compared to me out in Cali. I only see high temps in 100+. So I wanted to see how those folks do too.