06-20-2023, 10:47 AM   #39
tlrid3r
just another M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
I have the same leak I believe. It’s either the pinion shaft or one of the two hard lines below it. I used Lucas oil stop leak to see if it will help, but I’m not holding my breath it will.

Couple of questions I was hoping you or someone else could please answer.

1. Did you find instructions on how to replace the pinion shaft seal?
UPDATE: I found an answer to this one via YouTube. I am guessing the process is the same as this video? https://youtu.be/W2F_VduxN7k

2. For the leak at the hard line, did you use o rings from the Amazon kit linked earlier in this thread or were you able to find a park number?

The video is exactly what I did. I used a socket and only replaced the bottom o-ring and the shaft seal. To add looks exactly like e9x steering rack the e6x shares so much from the platforms.
Also yes I used the Amazon kit for o-ring replacement for the hard lines. It worked great so stopped worrying about part #s
///M3... Don't want more power, Just want it to turn sharper one step closer each time. -Ohlins TTX Raceline, PolePostions seats, Akrapovic EVO, ARC-8, 1/2 Cage, Seat Delete, Stoptech BBK, solid Subframe and diff bushing, spherical bearing on everything.
Appreciate 0